FGMK recently hosted a webinar where our tax specialists offered their insight and guidance regarding the recently issued section 199A proposed tax regulations related to the 20% deduction available to flow-through entities.
This is a “must-attend” presentation for those taxpayers who operate their business or consulting practice as a sole practitioner, partnership, limited liability company, or S corporation. The goal of the webinar is to present the proper planning associated with this deduction as we head towards the end of the year and addresses the following issues:
- Clarification of the 199A computation
- Definition of a specified service trade or business
- Review of the business aggregation rules
- Discussion of the anti-abuse rules
- Review of those remaining issues that demand more clarification in the future
- Discussion on important revisions that may be needed for those with newly-minted 199A tax plans
- Updates on 199A current planning strategies, particularly in light of these proposed regulations
- Guidance regarding important steps that can be taken by those who have not yet filed their extended 2017 tax return
The summary information discussed in this webinar is being provided for education purposes only. Participants may not rely on this summary other than for the purpose intended, and the contents should not be construed as accounting, tax, investment, or legal advice. We encourage webinar participants to contact the presenters for any inquiries regarding the contents. FGMK (and its related entities and partners) shall not be responsible for any loss incurred by any person that relies on this presentation.