August 1, 2015 through July 31, 2016 was a remarkable pivot year for the Turnaround Management Association (TMA) University Relations Committee. FGMK Managing Director Tom O'Donoghue and the other co-chair members, Rob Baynes and Candice Kline, launched new programs throughout, which required startup energy, commitment and execution, with a view to institutionalizing the committee for years to come.
The programs also involved vision and alignment with existing TMA programming. They made significant inroads, connected with students and universities, and launched a major new internship program. The committee’s legwork in executing the new programming easily exceeded the call of duty and produced remarkable results. The co-chairs worked as a cohesive and collaborative team and, together, committed to the committee’s success.
In sum, the committee’s turnaround exemplifies the TMA spirit and represents the very best of the chapter. Recent accomplishments include:
- Launching the first-ever Executive Speaker Forum University Relations table, attended by students from the University of Illinois Business School, University of Chicago Business School, Loyola Business School and John Marshall Law School resulting in four new members.
- Organizing the first-ever University Relations and NextGen networking event.
- Sponsoring the Chicago Booth Distressed Investing Conference which included having trade booth presence and hosting a TMA panel case study presentation that engaged other members of the Chapter.
- Fostering university relationships by making personal visits to the universities and helped coach students who competed in TMA Global’s Carl Marks Paper Writing Competition (for which the team took first place!)
- Planning and launching the first-ever student internship scholarship competition.
Congratulations to the University Relations Committee for their exemplary achievements, outstanding teamwork and setting the stage for future growth and relationships with young professionals from the many outstanding universities in our area.
Pictured above: (Rob Baynes, Candice Kline, Tom O’Donoghue)
To read the entire TMA newsletter, please click here.
FGMK is a leading professional services firm providing assurance, tax and advisory services to privately held businesses, global public companies, entrepreneurs, high-net-worth individuals and not-for-profit organizations. FGMK is among the largest accounting firms in Chicago and one of the top ranked accounting firms in the United States. For more than 40 years, FGMK has recommended strategies that give our clients a competitive edge. Our value proposition is to offer clients a hands-on operating model, with our most senior professionals actively involved in client service delivery.
Please visit our website for our complete list of services.