Jim leads FGMK’s Turnaround & Restructuring practice. He is an experienced turnaround, restructuring and financial professional who has spent over 15 years working with financially distressed and under-performing companies, as well as over 20 years working in various financial functions.
Jim’s expertise includes interim executive management, cash and liquidity management, financial planning & analysis, strategy development, performance improvement and restructuring processes. He has worked with manufacturing, distribution and service companies across multiple industries with clients whose annual revenues range from $15 million to over $8 billion. Jim has the ability to take on the most challenging and complex projects and consistently deliver results that provide value to his clients.
A selection of Jim’s experience includes serving as:
- Chief Financial Officer of a $220MM national recreational boat manufacturer during its out-of-court debt restructuring and subsequent asset sale process.
- Authorized Representative for a court appointed receiver for the winding up of a Delaware limited liability company.
- Chief Operating Officer of a $90MM regional vending machine service company during its sale process, which ended in a UCC Article 9 sale of assets.
- Financial advisor to the Chief Financial Officer of a $125MM international digital marketing and call center company during its out-of-court debt restructuring.
- Chief Financial Officer of a $100MM regional sheet metal fabricator during its out-of-court debt restructuring, and subsequent sale process.
- Treasurer of a $60MM national designer and distributor of novelty consumer products during its Chapter 11 Reorganization, which resulted in a Section 363 sale of all assets.
- Financial advisor to a $2.5B global designer and manufacturer of flash memory devices during its Chapter 11 Reorganization.
- Director of financial planning & analysis for a $400MM North American manufacturer of non-perishable food products during its Chapter 11 Reorganization and subsequent sale process.
During his career, Jim has also held senior positions within the turnaround and restructuring practices at consulting firms such as CRG Partners, KPMG and AlixPartners.